Personal Injuries

Home / Pages / Personal Injuries

Injuries from motor vehicle accidents

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, both physical and psychological. Quite often, accidents lead to a number of other issues that you or your family must face, including financial concerns that can be overwhelming to handle without the assistance of a competent legal professional. At JUSLAW we provide specialized representation if you have been involved in a car accident, including first steps, proving fault on the negligent party, and obtaining the compensation that you and your family deserve for your injuries as well loss of wages and other financial losses. First Party Claims First party Accident Benefit claims are claims where you are making an insurance claim against your own insurer. Your insurer is obligated to provide you with specific benefits. An accident benefits claim may compensate you for some of your lost wages, housekeeping and home maintenance expenses, attendant care expenses and medical/rehabilitation expenses. If you are injured in a car accident, you are entitled to receive Accident Benefits regardless of who caused the accident. You can make a claim if you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist, or passenger on a bus or streetcar.  Types of benefits you can apply for through your accident benefits provider are:  

  1. Income Replacement Benefits
  2. Non-Earner Benefits
  3. Caregiver Benefits
  4. Housekeeping and Home Maintenance Benefits
  5. Attendant Care Benefits
  6. Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits

Your entitlement to certain benefits may depend on your level of injuries and the type of coverage you purchased through your policy. Without proper knowledge it is difficult to manage the complexities of Accident Benefits claims and to ensure you are receiving the compensation and benefits you need and deserve. The no-fault insurance system is governed by the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule(SABS)The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is the government body that handles any disputes between insured persons and insurers concerning the SABS. JUSLAW can definitely represent you before the FSCO.

Slip and fall injuries

Slip and fall are generic terms used to describe an injury related to falling that occurs as a result being subjected to a dangerous and/or hazardous condition on someone else’s property. Hazardous conditions exist due to a variety of reasons. Some examples include weather-related causes (the presence of ice, water or snow), structural changes (a change in flooring for instance), poor construction (uneven floor surfaces, broken sidewalks, uneven elevators) or other hazards such as poor lighting, etc. If you have been hurt on someone else’s property due to dangerous conditions, they may be liable for your injuries.

Work Related Injuries

From work-related accidents, workers could result in injuries, permanent disabilities and illnesses. After suffering such an injury, these workers should not have to worry about medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. Experienced JUSLAW legal professional can help you to protect your legal right and benefit you are entitled from those accidents.

Contact Us

(416) 901 5666
(416) 901 5766
Toll Free
1 855 JUSLAW (587529) 1
3550 Victoria Park Ave, Suite 308, Toronto, ON M2H 2N5